Monday, August 6, 2007

Day no. 1



Welcome to the last 147 days of the year. It's August 06, and while I don't normally count time by days, I think I just might start...


So here is my 147 day blog. If I can, I'll try to write something everyday (though that is probably an overzealous goal) using basically the same format for every entry. Since there's always something to be learned/ remembered from all seasons of life, I figure "writing stuff down" can't hurt. I don't promise that all of this will be profound and I certainly wouldn't say that everything will be of general interest, but I am pretty sure that I'm going to have fun writing this and you're welcome to come along for the ride...



Lesson no. 1, there's no place like home.

After a week of chaotic, sunny, dirty-lake, bad food, archery-swimming-paintball-missions CAMP, it is nice to settle back into our tiny, almost organized, overflowing with hair product and books apartment. 2 Interns just left, one new staff person has just arrived. Her name is Kati and she brings good music/DVD's, an excellent personality, and cool little decorations from Africa. Our home is changing (perpetually) but it is nice to have one. I am planning on bringing a little color to ours with the addition of some Geraniums. Raise you hand if you know what a Geranium is.



Beautiful thing no. 1, Milk.


Since it's only 11:49 am, my list of beautiful things is limited and not very creative at this point, so I am going to have to go with milk. It's been about 3 weeks or so since we had any milk and this morning when I opened the fridge---da da ta ta: MILK!




Discusting thing no. 1, Something dead.


I was walking across the loading dock of the big, used- to- be- factory -building, where I work and instead of ducking and cowering in fear (as I often do) of the gross pigeons who like to nest in the rafters, I was greeted by the discusting site of a completely dead pigeon. It was a pathetic thing to behold, really. It was lying on it's stomach, slouched near the corner of the wall; all blue and gray and still looking. Yuck. I hope someone with a more sympathetic and enviromentally conscious heart moves it soon.




Quote no. 1, Goethe.


"Every day look at a beautiful picture, read a beautiful poem, listen to some beautiful music, and if possible, say some reasonable thing."




List no. 1, "To do"


-remember to take iron pills.


-eat some lunch.


-read more of "Searching for God knows What" (VERY good book.)


-take a nap.


-enjoy day off.


-get some feedback/inspiration about this whole 147 days thing.






1 comment:

Jamie Barrows said...

Very nice Susie. Keep up the posts.